Pigeon Forge, Tennessee: Dollywood Park unveiled a 230-foot-tall Drop Line, which lifts guests more than 20 stories above Dollywood’s Timber Canyon.
As it rises, 200 feet above the ground, the ride’s gondola gradually turns around the tower, providing guests with an elevated perspective of the Great Smoky Mountains. The moment Guests get comfortable with the commanding vantage point, Drop Line plunges them back to the ground in an exciting surge of energy.
“Drop Line is the perfect new attraction for Dollywood,” said the park’s General Manager Gene Scherrer. “We have a number of unique rides, but this one is unlike anything else here. Our guests will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful Smoky Mountain scenery as they rise up the tower, but once they get to the top, the anticipation of the drop will certainly create memories they’ll remember for quite some time,” he added with a laugh.
Adjacent to Drop Line, soon Dollywood will open Whistle Punk Chaser, the award-winning Thunderhead wooden coaster. This is a junior coaster which throws exciting twists and turns at Dollywood’s younger guests.
Dolly Parton declared this 2017 season at Dollywood as “The Year of the Family.”
Events and festivals schedule in this season:
- Dollywood’s Barbeque & Bluegrass (May 26-June 4)
- Summer at Dollywood (June 17- Aug. 6).
- Dollywood’s Harvest Festival presented by Humana (Sept. 29- Oct. 28), which this year features Great Pumpkin LumiNights.
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas presented by Humana (Nov. 4- Jan. 1) round out the year.
- The Year of the Family continues at Dollywood’s Splash Country with park’s newest attraction, TailSpin Racer, a six-lane, mat racer slide, scheduled to open on Saturday, May 13.
AmusementParks News Bureau: firstname.lastname@example.org